• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why doesent the plastic effect in corel Photo paint work on black?

Shadowglen

I am working on some truck stripes (orange and black). The plastic effect works great on the orange bus seems to have no effect at all o the back. Any one find a work around for this? Thanks Dave..

J Hill Designs

I remember having inner glow problems in corel with black - changing from 'multiply' to something else in the effect setting worked (if i remember correctly)

shoresigns

Some of those type of effects in Corel or Photoshop work by adding shading only to your image. If you just add shading and not highlights to black, you're not going to get much of an effect.

Depending on the result you want to achieve, you can sometimes get the effect you want by lightening the black to a light/medium/dark grey and then applying the effect.

shoresigns

I remember having inner glow problems in corel with black - changing from 'multiply' to something else in the effect setting worked (if i remember correctly)

If the effect has a blending mode setting then yes, try changing it from "multiply" to "screen" for the opposite effect (lightening instead of darkening).

Shadowglen

No blending effect. I ended up using an almost black but not 10% black and with some tweaks it has worked. Thinking it is time to go from 20 years of Corel to adding some Photoshop to my quiver.