• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why I Prefer Gerber Foils to ZeroNine Foils

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
got in this morning and had a whole list of production to do...i have some banners coming in and needed to print the removable sponsor names that will be applied...loaded the edge with the no name removable vinyl....loaded a 09 foil (like i do for most temp. signage)...sent the file, and start printing....

i checked on the print a few minutes later to see that it was "fuzzy".....tried upping the heat settings for the edge...same result....switched out the 09 foil for gerber's spot black....PERFECT print....

so THIS is one of MANY reasons why i prefer not to use 09 foils even though they're cheaper....

Attachments

• GV09.jpg
    GV09.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 129

Malkin

Interesting...

For the materials we print on, ZeroNine has worked well. The only exception was the white, I had several rolls print with wrinkles so I gave it up and went back to Gerber for that one.

We usually print on Quantum 2000 White or various Gerber 220 colors.

In my Edging days years ago, I found that Zero Nine and Gerber foils would print the same on most materials. The Zero Nines were just a lot cheaper. But on some vinyls, well, let's just say it was incredible how badly the Zero Nines went down as compared to the Gerber.

Steve