• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why is Flexi adding a cut line to my bleed outline?

IsItFasst

So it seems Flexi just randomly starts doing things differently from time to time and I have no idea why. But right now if I add a contour cut line, then add an outline for bleed it also adds a cut line to the outline that I don't need. Never seen this before but I'm sure there is some setting that got magically checked to do this. Anyone know how to turn it off?

I am currently having to separate the outline, then go to the stroke setting of the outline and clear it off, then regroup. This work around works but just an extra step I never had to do in the past.

stickerhed

I'm not sure if it's a setting, I've been with Flexi since forever and it has always been like that, unless I've also have some setting wrong this whole time :)

OADesign

IsItFasst , If the object/shape you are creating an outline/bleed on already has the cutcontour on it, it will take that same property and add it to the outline. Same applies with a regular stroke. If the original object already has a stroke or contour cut, the outline gets it too. I do it backwards to avoid this. Add outlines/bleeds first > separate outlines > then go back to original shape and add my contour cut.

IsItFasst

IsItFasst , If the object/shape you are creating an outline/bleed on already has the cutcontour on it, it will take that same property and add it to the outline. Same applies with a regular stroke. If the original object already has a stroke or contour cut, the outline gets it too. I do it backwards to avoid this. Add outlines/bleeds first > separate outlines > then go back to original shape and add my contour cut.
This is so odd because I have been doing my way for 10 years and it never added the contour cut to the bleed outline until just last week.