Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is Flexi adding a cut line to my bleed outline?

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by IsItFasst, Jul 18, 2019.

1. IsItFasst

IsItFasst Member

Jan 16, 2008
    USA
    So it seems Flexi just randomly starts doing things differently from time to time and I have no idea why. But right now if I add a contour cut line, then add an outline for bleed it also adds a cut line to the outline that I don't need. Never seen this before but I'm sure there is some setting that got magically checked to do this. Anyone know how to turn it off?

I am currently having to separate the outline, then go to the stroke setting of the outline and clear it off, then regroup. This work around works but just an extra step I never had to do in the past.

Tags:
  2. stickerhed

stickerhed New Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Janesville, WI
    I'm not sure if it's a setting, I've been with Flexi since forever and it has always been like that, unless I've also have some setting wrong this whole time :)

3. OADesign

OADesign Active Member

Jan 27, 2006
    California
    IsItFasstIsItFasst , If the object/shape you are creating an outline/bleed on already has the cutcontour on it, it will take that same property and add it to the outline. Same applies with a regular stroke. If the original object already has a stroke or contour cut, the outline gets it too. I do it backwards to avoid this. Add outlines/bleeds first > separate outlines > then go back to original shape and add my contour cut.

4. IsItFasst

IsItFasst Member

Jan 16, 2008
    USA
    This is so odd because I have been doing my way for 10 years and it never added the contour cut to the bleed outline until just last week.