Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Why is the profile not working when I try to download?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Annette Asberg, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Annette Asberg

Annette Asberg Member

Sep 20, 2018
    Aliso Viejo Californien
    Hi
    I have tryed to download two diffrent prifiles one from Avery Dennison and one from 3M none of them are working. My printer says "The substrate preset update could not be done because the substrate preset file was faulty"
    What shall i do?
    I have a HP Latex 365

2. Asuma01

Asuma01 Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Bend, OR
    You can try calling HP tech support. You can also check their website for profiles. Or make your own. Are you sure you are downloading the correct profiles for the printer?

3. dypinc

dypinc Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Here
    Download the .oms file and try to install with your printers web interface.

4. Annette Asberg

Annette Asberg Member

Sep 20, 2018
    Aliso Viejo Californien
    Thank you guys but it was my own fault I did download it to my PC but I have not Onyx so I had to send it to my Designer so she could upload it from Onyx to the printer.

5. AGCharlotte

AGCharlotte Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Charlotte, NC
    For the HP, there's two types of files, .oms & .oml. OMS files need to be loaded through the web interface on the printer, OML files are loaded through the Onyx software.