• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why is there an angel...

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
A little girl once asked me "Why is there an angel on top of the Christmas Tree?"

I took her on my knee and I told her that many many years ago it was Christmas eve at the north pole. Things were not going well for Santa, Mrs. Claus was rude to him, the elves were quarreling, as he walked out to his sleigh he tripped, fell, spilled his bag of toys into the snow and ripped the seat out of his Santa suit. This spooked the reindeer and they flew off into the sky dragging the sleigh behind them.

Just about this time an angel flew down with a Christmas tree and asked "What shall I do with this tree, Santa?"

signswi

Because calling the star on top the Star of Bethlehem wasn't far enough away from Saturnalia traditions whereas an angel is a more obvious indicator that it's not a Saturnalia tree but a xmas tree.