• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why is this Happening!!?? Roller marks!!? CHECK!!

K3TZ

Hi Guys,

I recently been getting a problems on my Roland machine, I have been getting patchy Roller line when I print a Solid Colour. Some times it comes off if I rub the material.

Does anyone know why??!!!!

Is it to do with Room temp? Static?

How to avoid this problem.

PLEASE SEE IMGAGE AND ADVICEEEE. :banghead:

Attachments

• PRInt.jpg
    PRInt.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 93

K3TZ

Heat

Yah I have tried to also increase the heat to 50 pre and 50 heat.

Still don't make much difference.

K3TZ

:)

@ GENE Yah ture, But it is risky, you only have 2 rollers on each end.

Possibilities of the maretial going side ways then print can be messed up.

I have done that before, got rid of the rollers, but want to find a solution why is this happening.

But thanks for your advices, Keep it coming!!" :notworthy:

MikeD

I had this happen on some Mimaki's after running certain material. Never "solved" it, but we did have success after cleaning the rollers, or running blank material under them to sort of soak up whatever residue was on there.
I thought the middle rollers on the Roland were essential, but have run the machine successfully without them; a Roland rep told me that the 2 outside rollers are actually made/installed in a way that pushes down and out. We did quite a bit of printing and cutting running entire 50yd rolls and the machine kept it's print to cut accuracy and the print itself looked good.

Fatboy

Yes your tech is right.The outside rollers are "tappered" Just watch the media.You dont want any headstrikes because you only use two outside rollers.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Did you contour cut the print? If so increase the drying time before you cut it. We allow at least 3 minutes of time on light ink prints and 5 minutes on heavy ink prints.

K3TZ

No it does not happen on vinyl, This morning I printed on PVC 440gsm, It was fine, It mainly happens on Banner Flat.

We also changed the suppliers but no change.

Yah we have a Mimaki JV3 160SP also happens on there too.

K3TZ

I think you guys are right, for now I will have to just use 2 rollers on each end and print the clients job. Only will have 40mm on each end.

I also had a tech come in before and he said it is to do with static.... Used to happen on PVC before.

So what I did was rub the material from the back with a clean cloth and the roller lines went.

Worst thing was I had to be there rubbing until the print finish, now that was hard work. :covereyes:

JoshLoring

Gene@mpls said:
Don't use the extra rollers? More trouble than they are worth IMO

Correct.
Do you have a takeup roll? I have a Roland and only use the 2 outer rollers for banners. You have to make sure to watch it and keep tension until its taped on the takeup or you could get edge curl and head strikes. In fact- I print mine with the head down.

K3TZ

One of the tech gave me a anti static tinsil, to ground the static and said it would remove the lines.
But never worked. :doh: