• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why isn't this Arial Black?

Sabre

I thought I had this figured out and even went onto rebuilding the rest, but then I noticed the differences in the tip of the 't' and when I overlay it in wireframe it doesn't match up on a quite a few spots.

Then I went in and started manually editing each character, but this will be used in very large (for us) graphics, so I figured we better just nail down the font.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Streeper.jpg
    Streeper.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 116

myronb

Thsi is definitely a version of either Helvetica or Swiss

Check your Swiss 721 Bold italic in Corel

Sabre

Wow, all I did was refresh my browser and there was a reply.

All of my helvetica's seemed to be too skinny. The Swiss brings me a step closer, but the 'r' characters dont drop down on the tips of the r. Wow that doesn't make any sense, does it? Should I just manually stretch out the r a little further?

OldPaint

i got it as SBF-HOO4 font.....ZURIK OR UNIVERSAL BLACK, need to square up the t and tilt and you got it

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The font is Helvetica Neue 83 Heavy Extended Oblique. Because of the extremely good legibility of the Helvetica family it was widely adopted for a variety of standardized uses. As a result, every major foundry created their own slightly different versions.

Agfa = Triumvirate
Monotype = Arial
Bitstream = Swiss
Linotype = Helvetica

Sabre

Thanks for the prompt and informative replies. I modified a swiss I had to bring it a little bit closer to their original. I'm due at their site in a half hour to show them what I came up with which I'm sure will meet their needs.

Thanks again!