• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why must people in this line of work do this....

JMPrinting

Is it just me or does anyone cringe seeing "Custom Sinzs" "Vinyl Grafixx" "Desizns" and all that. Would it make me get more work? JM Printing & Grafix

Sorry, just saw a "competitor" facebook ad with horrible layout and design and they had that crap in their name.

End rant, please continue..

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Just because they are in the business doesn't mean that they should be, or are successful...

this is the USA, where one has the right to be a failure or retard if they so choose...

reQ

Depends. I still get phone calls asking:

- Do you guys make signs?
- Do you guys make stickers?

Some stuff that is obvious to one person, might be not to obvious to another lol

JMPrinting

Depends. I still get phone calls asking:

- Do you guys make signs?
- Do you guys make stickers?

Some stuff that is obvious to one person, might be not to obvious to another lol

I started as a print shop, I still do a decent amount but I do more "Signz", "Graphix", and "Stickerz" than printing. My full name is JM Printing & Graphics. I would hate to change that but I need to gear more towards "Graffixx & Signz" in my name... I am thinking JM Signz n' Letterz

Moze

Is it just me or does anyone cringe seeing "Custom Sinzs" "Vinyl Grafixx" "Desizns" and all that. Would it make me get more work? JM Printing & Grafix

Sorry, just saw a "competitor" facebook ad with horrible layout and design and they had that crap in their name.

Replacing other letters with z's and x's isn't necessarily my taste, but there are some pretty successful companies that take that approach. Would I do it? No.

Bretbyron

Yeah, but can you make stickers for boats and outhouses?!?!?!:covereyes:

Change the name to SizignZ and Sticky StuffZ that goeZ on StuffZ.

The most asked question from our customers is: You can do that too!? OMG!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Ebonics always takes a hard rap, but there are plenty of other reasons.

I believe it's just society in general. You don't have to go back very many generations to understand how far we've come...or perhaps slipped.

Much of the language we use today is slang (or derived from it), which back then, was considered uncouth, rude or downright offensive.

JB

Kottwitz-Graphics

Ebonics always takes a hard rap, but there are plenty of other reasons.

I believe it's just society in general. You don't have to go back very many generations to understand how far we've come...or perhaps slipped.

Much of the language we use today is slang (or derived from it), which back then, was considered uncouth, rude or downright offensive.

JB

Not to mention, when people text it's a ridiculous mix of letters and numbers... The ultimate dumbing down of America.

Marlene

"Xtreme Grapix Desizns 'n Sinzs" sounds like a winning name to me. just make sure to use a beveled font set on diamond plate and throw a swoosh in there and it would be good to go.