• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why plexiglas instead of aluminum on a site sign?

shoresigns

I have a customer who wants to replace some signs like this. I haven't seen them in person, but based on the photo it looks like acrylic or polycarb with graphics in reverse on the back of the panels. Obviously it's the type of sign that should be designed to be functional and last a long time - any idea why someone may have chose to do these in plastic instead of aluminum?

Just wondering if there's something I'm missing before I recommend we redo them in aluminum.

P2191292.jpg

Mosh

They kids will pick at them sticker letters.....Bid it aluminum, but be sure they know that.

shoresigns

This isn't in a place where kids would pick at it. Problem solved though! I've been informed that this sign is in a potash system and would corrode like crazy, thus the plastic.

TammieH

Graphics and copy on backside of acrylic so that like some have said "kids cannot pick or peel off vinyl"

Also theoretically its easier to clean, but as you can see some lazy painter did not clean off their mess

We know no one ever cleans their signs.

You might be able to sell them printed signs with an anti-graffiti overlam applied to aluminum and seal the edges.

But sometimes, people just want what they want.

Oooops sorry, Missed the part about "corrosion"