• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why so much hate??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewTimothy

Was wondering why so much hate towards..... (do i dare say it??) ...... BROKERS...... Seeing a lot stuff in the threads here... was wondering what was up..

:Oops:

Locals Find!

They don't think we are professionals. They can't understand that someone can actually sub out the same work to the same people they do, and not have to own $50,000 in equipment or chinese made plotters to do so.

Why own all that equipment if you can sub out the jobs for less than you can do it yourself and make the same money if not more.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I deal with brokers every day.....and the ones I do work for are Loyal to say the least. I would rather deal with professionals over the general public anyday. You broker out work to companies like mine because you dont have the larger printers and staff we have here. As a wholesaler ONLY, we become an extension of your company...if we dont look good, you dont look good. IN that case...nobody is happy.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
There are a few, highly vocal members who dislike brokers. Most members either see them as a useful and normal segment of the industry or they have no opinion. This same overwhelming majority simply doesn't post much about it.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
well i broker out some work, but i also respect my fellow sign owners, too. So do i fall in this area??

Sorry, I shouldn't have been so hasty. I, myself, have no problems with brokers -- especially those whom are experienced in what they broker.

I was just being flippant and gauging what appear to be the sentiments of other(s) that have known issues with certain brokers.

Like I said, I don't believe hate is the word you're looking for...

ProWraps

brokers walk the line between symbiote and parasite. most of which tend to lean toward the latter.

SignManiac

I only hate residents of Papua New Guinea because they pretend to be Italan and don't buy signs from me. I don't mind the rest of the world.

tcorn1965

Addie,
It has nothing to do with what you own...I have told you before I feel you have a place here, even as a broker, but you have an opinion about everything (You post to either up your count or you like to see your words in public)...I tried to help by telling you to lay off for a while and earn some respect...Apparently not. I am not going to check out the stats, if I had to guess though you are doing 25+/- a day. I am coming to the conclusion that you are sitting home in the dark, hands greasy from fried chicken, same ole tidy whiteys you put on Monday, and typing like crazy...because you are getting attention...that's what you crave, good...bad or indifferent...all makes Addie happy...Do not PM me

Terry

MatthewTimothy

addie,
it has nothing to do with what you own...i have told you before i feel you have a place here, even as a broker, but you have an opinion about everything (you post to either up your count or you like to see your words in public)...i tried to help by telling you to lay off for a while and earn some respect...apparently not. I am not going to check out the stats, if i had to guess though you are doing 25+/- a day. I am coming to the conclusion that you are sitting home in the dark, hands greasy from fried chicken, same ole tidy whiteys you put on monday, and typing like crazy...because you are getting attention...that's what you crave, good...bad or indifferent...all makes addie happy...do not pm me

terry

:roflmao:

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Terry....your're right...it has nothing to do with what you own. (more like the banks own me anyway) Any one of us here has made a decision to do what we do for a reason....paint with brush or airbrush...cut vinyl lettering....put ourselves in hock to print for others. I personally love what I do and I make it a point to tell my clients and prospective clients that. The passion for what I do I think has a positive effect on other people that I interact with. Owning the equipment doesnt make me who I am.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Brokers are like Hookers - we think about them, but we sure don't want to take them home to meet mom.......

wayne k
guam usa

Status
Not open for further replies.