• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why toilet seats?

Pat Whatley

Where did the whole idea of painting Rat Fink/Hot Rod stuff on toilet seats come from? I've seen enough of them over the years to where I actually don't think of them as toilet seats any longer but somebody had to start the trend.

Jillbeans

Pat I think it's because plain white terlet seats are cheap and easy to find.
Easy to take to a show. Easy to paint on/smooth surface.
And people buy 'em easy too.
Love....Jill

SignManiac

Easier to paint than a urinal with the water always streaming down. And the deodorant cakes stink after a while.

Poconopete

Cause they are more functional then panels.

Attachments

• woodpecker2.jpg
    woodpecker2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 89

sardocs

I haven't had to paint one yet but just before the winter Olympic thing this ol'timer got me to letter up his toilet sign...

Attachments

• save me a sign.jpg
    save me a sign.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 82

Jillbeans

You gotta remember the right direction to paint em so they are not backwards.
Best ever was one Brian the Brush did at the Mars meet which used a Baby Ruth and a few plastic flies.
(no pix I was too busy)
Here are some I did at the '08 WOW show.

Attachments

• WOW8.jpg
    WOW8.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 79
  • WOW9.jpg
    WOW9.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 67

cdiesel

I've always wondered why business toilets don't have lids... They have the seat, just no lid? What's up with that?

Si Allen

Here is one done by Steve Kafka at one of the old Rat Fink Reunions ... my wife bought it ... after she had Steve sign it !

Attachments

• seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 90

CheapVehicleWrap

wrapin a toilet seat ..........aint the same as paintin it)))))))))))))))

Understood....well, I can only paint a room (pretty damn good) but different league.

Either way, the "prep" work is eliminated by purchasing a new "substrate". Ohh no, I said it. Wait for the new catalogs... Long or short? Padded? Wood or plastic? Intermediate or "performance"?

TheSnowman

What about an upper deck. That's one more thing to clean too. Rather it's on top of the tank, or in it. They might as well leave that lid off too.

CheapVehicleWrap

What about an upper deck. That's one more thing to clean too. Rather it's on top of the tank, or in it. They might as well leave that lid off too.

NOBODY wants to have to clean an upper deck! NOBODY. Damn, I was just talking about buying a new seat, you're talking about buying a whole new toilet...hell maybe even new building!