• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why, why can't Roland add sequential cut ot VersaWorks?

Gene@mpls

I have a VP540- 5 years old and going strong and a GX500- which I also love- and cut a lot of 14-18 foot long logos after printing. It drives me crazy to see it
tracking back and forth and back and forth instead of cutting a section and then moving to the next. Not only is it not efficient timewise but you know that it is
losing accuracy with all the travel. Is there not a way to disrupt whatever arcane electronic 'thinking' that tracks what will cut next? I have experimented with
typing out the alphabet and printing and cutting it- and it will cut the alphabet as typed... except for one letter... and come back and cut that one letter after all
the others. Can we get some kind of comment on sequential cutting- is it too hard to do?- or has no one ever looked at it? Thanks Gene :banghead:

Turbophein

I have a VP540- 5 years old and going strong and a GX500- which I also love- and cut a lot of 14-18 foot long logos after printing. It drives me crazy to see it
tracking back and forth and back and forth instead of cutting a section and then moving to the next. Not only is it not efficient timewise but you know that it is
losing accuracy with all the travel. Is there not a way to disrupt whatever arcane electronic 'thinking' that tracks what will cut next? I have experimented with
typing out the alphabet and printing and cutting it- and it will cut the alphabet as typed... except for one letter... and come back and cut that one letter after all
the others. Can we get some kind of comment on sequential cutting- is it too hard to do?- or has no one ever looked at it? Thanks Gene :banghead:

the first thing that cuts is the bottom most curve of the file, at least in corel anyway. i sequence every sheet i do, so that it all cuts in order.

but on say a 14ft square border cut, you can break the square cut curve, apart into sections say 2-3ft long, it will cut each section in the order you place them, if its all 1 curve it will just cut in one continuous pass. hope this makes sense!

Malkin

I agree, VW should be able to sequential cut just like I can with my Gerber plotters all day long.

In the event that I need to control the order of the cut (in order to not waste time or accuracy) I just stack the cuts in the file in the order I want them to cut, with the first on the bottom to the last one up on top. Works beautifully.

In this attached example, I made 3 sheets (51x144) full of 2" copy, circle seperators, & 12ft x ¼" stripe borders. Controlling the order of cuts was crucial to maintain accuracy, speed up the time, and reduce the chances of a malfunction or jam. The end result was that the cuts were spot on, and we hardly needed all the extra bleed.

Attachments

• Town Names.jpg
    Town Names.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 102

Bogdaniel

i have the same thing .. and my boss always picks on me saying that it's my fault it looses accuracy when it cuts too much like 2 - 3 linear meters.. :-(. It has to do with how you export the files what's their position and stuff.. but i don't get it right every time.. in the end i didn't find any solution good solution to this problem.

splizaat

Roland doesn't care about your suggestions to make Versaworks better...unfortunately.

I'm still waiting to see the option where I can control spacing between copies horizontally and vertically -- separately.

player

Same thing with Roland GR-55 Guitar Synth firmware... There are bugs etc. things that they forgot to include over the older model. They don't fix or listen. Must be the Roland culture to ignore customer's requests and suggestions... I guess they know so much better.