• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WHY WHY WHY Royal Soverign

SlightlyChilled

What can make this happen. I think maybe the vinyl going off track??

I was doing 80" long and right at the end I would get a fold.Same distance from the end sometimes to the left some times to the right.. I tried moving the presser lever to the next notch back on from lam to what ever one less is and backed off the tention wheel on the lam. I was able to get much longer BUT I still got is to buch up. Would one mind taking some pics of there set ups. That way I might have little better idea. I know they all have there own little tics but some info is better them none.

Attachments

• 0406132148.jpg
    0406132148.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 152
I had that problem with my RS, it was the rollers applying uneven pressure. Adjusted them and improved it some, but never was 100%. Worked for about 3 years perfectly then that started happening. It was good for short runs of 10 feet or less, but anything longer was a nightmare. Finally just broke down and bought a Seal.

OADesign

RS sells a product call a "Push-Pull Scale". Not sure if anyone else makes or carries it. Its cheap. Its basically a Fishing scale with an L bracket and a piece of thin metal hooked on to it. It allows you to adjust the pressure across the rollers evenly. By evenly I mean a known pressure across the rollers at the left center and right of the machine. It was a bit of a pain as the instructions are a bit sparse but once you understand the concept it gets easier. I was facing the same issue. I could never get more the 7-8 feet with out folds. After adjusting, I can get 20-30ft. And maybe more but I don't see the point in trying. Call up RS tech support and ask about it.

petesign

loosen the feed roller on the front. We keep the material SLACK as it goes through and it eliminates the tunneling.

anotherdog

its clear from the photo your pressure is off. Looks like it may be light...
if the buckle is V shaped you are light, of its D shaped you are too heavy.

I had the same issue, had someone service it and watched what they did. Now I have 6 year old RS that runs as good as the day it was installed.