• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why won't my "Easy Weed" setting save/stay?

IsItFasst

I don't understand why production manager won't save my easy weed setting of "Around groups and text". Driving me nuts. Years ago that was the default setting but now if I want to use that I have to tic off the check box every time I go to cut. It was great as it put just a box around each decal I was making. Now it wants to just make a box around the entire line of decals unless I check that box. On version 11sp6. I have cloud too on my wide format computer but don't ever use it for cuts.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Wow, never tried using the weed function in flexi. We only using production manager for printing. All weeds are created in the native program the design resides. All cutting is done from the same native program too.

bannertime

I'm not totally sure how it works, but I've noticed that if I go back to an old job the settings I used to run that job last, pop back up. I generally double check all the settings anyway. Mainly because we have a variety of job settings and not all cut jobs require all the same settings. Takes like 2 seconds to run through and make the adjustments.

IsItFasst

I'm not totally sure how it works, but I've noticed that if I go back to an old job the settings I used to run that job last, pop back up. I generally double check all the settings anyway. Mainly because we have a variety of job settings and not all cut jobs require all the same settings. Takes like 2 seconds to run through and make the adjustments.
That is what is odd. Most settings stay as your last job. This one setting does not though. It always defaults to unchecked even if I check it, save the file and open that exact file back up.

IsItFasst

This is still driving me nuts on why it does these random things. Another annoying things I have noticed is when you do check the "around text and groups" it also changes the weed margin from 0.1" to 0.04" for some reason. And then it also unchecks the "overcut" setting. It does this every time you bring up a new cut even when in the same job. So you have to go in and change each setting every time. The default easy weed totally sucks since it contours around the design closely making it more like "impossible weed". Maybe I've just been doing this too long as I never understand why software companies make "an improvement" that is totally backwards for the end user.

IsItFasst

Here is the example I dealt with tonight. This is a large set of waving checkered flags. It decided to cut around every little checker around the edge. Even cut out some inside spots (shown already weeded as small rectangles) within parts that will also have to be removed anyway. Not sure why it does these random patterns like this but makes weeding WAY more complicated than it should be once it does this (not to mention the extra time it takes to do all the extra cuts around everything). Will do it around lettering occasionally once it gets in this mode too.

Attachments

• checkered.jpg
    checkered.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 303