• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why won't my pics upload???

mrchips

I haven't had a problem before.....I just get a tag that says that files failed to upload.

Any ideas?

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If they're large, at some point the server image processing software will fail to be able to handle them. Check file size and pixel dimensions. Downsize to see if that helps. Also, insure that the color mode is set to RGB/8 bit per channel.

mrchips

OK,

I downsized it to under 800 pixels.......won't download???

Where do I set the "color mode"?

BTW, this is a bummer!

Joe,

mrchips

I tried a pic that I posted awhile back (without a problem) and it won't download now???

Joe,

J Hill Designs

tried this as large didnt work, resized and tried again it worked...maybe DL this and try to re-up it chips?

Attachments

• DSCI0220 (Large).jpg
    DSCI0220 (Large).jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 81

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
OK,

I downsized it to under 800 pixels.......won't download???

Where do I set the "color mode"?

BTW, this is a bummer!

Joe,

Color mode is set in an image editor such as Photoshop or Corel PhotoPaint.

I tried a pic that I posted awhile back (without a problem) and it won't download now???

Joe,

I am assuming that you mean upload rather than download. If you want to send me the image you had a problem with, I'll be happy to check it out and let you know what I find.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is this one of those weiner pictures, again ??

This sort of thing belongs in the NHB section.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Your pics were too large for the upload software to handle. They measured about 3.5 MB each and there is a 1 MB file size limit. I have uploaded the downsized images to this post. There were no other problems with the images.

Nice work BTW!

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    705.2 KB · Views: 198
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    677 KB · Views: 95

Si Allen

Ha ha ....

Fred, JoeChips may be a Master Carver ... but ... when it comes to computers ... he is wandering around in the wilderness!

PS... he sharpens tools pretty good, also!

:omg2:

mrchips

Ya got that right Si!

I haven't changed anything and it always worked before....

I don't know why I even bother.....

Joe,

SignManiac

Outstanding sculpture Joe! Do you happen to offer tool sharpening service at all? I suck at sharpening and all of my chisels are in dire need. I'd be willing to ship them to you and have you put a proper edge on them, paying of course!