• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why would the wiper motor hum but not spin ...

artaddictguy

Hello friends,
My mutoh 1204 has been giving me the Eo79 comm. error on and off for a few mths now.This will usually mean that i have to turn off and on a few times before i actually get it to work. Once it would have passed the initalizing phase everything will be alright.
However yesterday it would not pass this stage. On close inspection i noticed that the wiper motor will not spin when it was time to wipe.It just hummed.It will try to kickin but could not.This continously happened. I released the motor and took it out to take a closer look.It continued to do the same thing. But now it has stopped completely.Everyhing else seems fine...Ideas?

player

Does it have brushes that can be replaced or just replace the motor. You could also check the incoming voltage to the motor.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
How well used is the printer?
Has the maintenance station ever been replaced?
With the motor not turning it could be time for a new one.

That error code you put up lists as an error between the main board & the controller board.
If you don't have the service guide pm me an email and I can send it to you.

You might be able to clear this 079 code by opening up the machine and re-seating all the cables.
The controller pad on my 1304 stopped working in the middle of the print - no display - no results when pushing any of the buttons.
I unplugged the machine - did the reseat and it is back to work.

Good luck with it

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• E079-error.jpg
    E079-error.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Robert M

Clean the track

Clean the track that the wiper runs along, it will be full of ink that flips off the wiper. I have some of those motors if you need one. PM me for more details