Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why would the wiper motor hum but not spin ...

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by artaddictguy, Feb 21, 2014.

1. artaddictguy

artaddictguy New Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Hello friends,
    My mutoh 1204 has been giving me the Eo79 comm. error on and off for a few mths now.This will usually mean that i have to turn off and on a few times before i actually get it to work. Once it would have passed the initalizing phase everything will be alright.
    However yesterday it would not pass this stage. On close inspection i noticed that the wiper motor will not spin when it was time to wipe.It just hummed.It will try to kickin but could not.This continously happened. I released the motor and took it out to take a closer look.It continued to do the same thing. But now it has stopped completely.Everyhing else seems fine...Ideas?

Tags:
  2. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Does it have brushes that can be replaced or just replace the motor. You could also check the incoming voltage to the motor.

3. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    How well used is the printer?
    Has the maintenance station ever been replaced?
    With the motor not turning it could be time for a new one.

That error code you put up lists as an error between the main board & the controller board.
    If you don't have the service guide pm me an email and I can send it to you.

You might be able to clear this 079 code by opening up the machine and re-seating all the cables.
    The controller pad on my 1304 stopped working in the middle of the print - no display - no results when pushing any of the buttons.
    I unplugged the machine - did the reseat and it is back to work.

Good luck with it

wayne k
    guam usa

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  4. Robert M

Robert M Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2007
    colorado
    Clean the track

Clean the track that the wiper runs along, it will be full of ink that flips off the wiper. I have some of those motors if you need one. PM me for more details