• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why would this happen??

psbc2009

Printing on oracal 3165RA and laminating with 210. Came in next morning to contour cut and prints were all wavy, actually separating from the backing. Appears to only happen on the 3165RA. Any ideas :help
Will try to send some close up pics later.

Desert_Signs

Either the material is really old or maybe your curing temps were too high?

I know that happens occasionally on my latex printer if the heat settings are way up there.

psbc2009

I go through several rolls a month and it comes from Fellers....and we all know Franks vinyl is fresh :smile: lol. I run pre/plat/post 45/45/50, i think the profile actually calls for 47. Should i lower all the temps or which ones to what? Is the dryer to hot at 50??
Thanks!

BPI Color

Is this a cold or a heat assist laminate? If heat assist then you could be getting a little more chemical reactivity then you would with the cold. And a distortion can take place over night. It's happened to me; just not in the last 8 years or so. Out-gassing could also be the problem. Just because your media is dry to the touch doesn't mean it's finished shedding the emulsifiers/propellants in your inks.
I think we need so more details from you.