• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why you should not reuse old material.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
I giggle every time I drive by this sign that is about 1/4 mile from our shop.
The owner of the property wanted a big RESTAURANT FOR LEASE sign over the original sign but NO HOLES.
So I told him I would use VHB tape that will stick forever, he said ok.
We put a big red 2 piece coro for lease sign over the existing one.
Tenant rents the place so we remove the for lease sign.

Now a new tenant moves in and uses the old material and has it re-lettered, but you can still see the VHB tape on the panel.
We didn't do the new lettering because the panel is too big for us to handle.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Primo's.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 69
  • Primo's.jpg
    Primo's.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 60

MikePro

devil's advocate here, but if I were paid to remove the "for lease" sign... I would have removed the tape too :)
....or if I were paid to put those new graphics up, I would have also removed the tape.

just like when I install a post&panel. one could argue that a sign guy isn't a landscaper, but I make the effort to cut out a chunk of sod & put it aside to patch/cover my hole afterwards. too many clients out there that will hold these little things over your head when it comes to paying the bill, and then have "evidence" to present if you took them to small claims over it.

and yes. oh my god, that "h-spanic" is priceless. someone didn't proof their weeded graphic before masking/applying.