• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WI Newbie

stick.IT

Hey everyone, Im new to the vinyl world and have a million questions. I currently own a Gerber Edge, Gerber GS15 PLUS with FlexiPRO 7.0. Im on the lookouts for a 24" or 36" also a heat press. So if anyone has anything like this, hit me up. Im still working a full time job as a welder. I would love to run my own vinyl and t-shirt busn. full time down the road some day. Well that's about it, thanks for haven me!!:thankyou:

QuickSignsSA

Hey everyone, Im new to the vinyl world and have a million questions. I currently own a Gerber Edge, Gerber GS15 PLUS with FlexiPRO 7.0. Im on the lookouts for a 24" or 36" also a heat press. So if anyone has anything like this, hit me up. Im still working a full time job as a welder. I would love to run my own vinyl and t-shirt busn. full time down the road some day. Well that's about it, thanks for haven me!!:thankyou:

Welding will be a significant plus in this trade if you start doing other types of signage other than just "stickers". Welcome aboard! What part of Wisconsin are you from, I visited Lacrosse and Madison in the past...

Jillbeans

Have a very dear friend from Jefferson whom I've visited when I went to the International Letterheads meet in Waukesha in 2001.
His name is Bill Krupinski. He had to retire from the sign biz because the paint was literally killing him.
He sells his alphabets and artwork via Sign DNA now.
http://www.signdna.com/v2/cart/category.php?id=60&gp=46
Lots of interesting scenery out your way.
Love....Jill

Ken Sankey

Hello from the Fox Valley in WI. If your in Jefferson area you may have heard of Slewfoot among others. Like Jill mentioned Bill is in your back yard as well. There are a number of good publications to draw from as well to get creative. Best of luck.:Welcome:

Raulrdz

Welcome to Signs101 where most are an outstanding group of people... and some...well,... they just stand out!:Welcome:

stick.IT

Hello from the Fox Valley in WI. If your in Jefferson area you may have heard of Slewfoot among others. Like Jill mentioned Bill is in your back yard as well. There are a number of good publications to draw from as well to get creative. Best of luck.:Welcome:

Slewfoot...their bout 10 blocks from my front door. Who's this Bill everyone is talking about? I would like to get some pointers if he's available.

Thanks for all the warm welcome!:thankyou::munchie:

Ken Sankey

I've never seen the interface on flexi to run an edge. I'm curious if the features are similar to that of omega. Its a great starter printer minus the headaches of inkjet. If your close to Slew, and get along with him, he could do digital output and would treat you well. As for Bill, I last saw him in Milwaukee at a letterhead in the mid 90's. Hes done some font work in the past as well as cartooning. Sounded like Jill knew a bit more about recent history.

stick.IT

I've never seen the interface on flexi to run an edge. I'm curious if the features are similar to that of omega. Its a great starter printer minus the headaches of inkjet. If your close to Slew, and get along with him, he could do digital output and would treat you well. As for Bill, I last saw him in Milwaukee at a letterhead in the mid 90's. Hes done some font work in the past as well as cartooning. Sounded like Jill knew a bit more about recent history.

I never went into Slewfoot, he's got a vary nice place from what I can see from he outside. Im afraid If I go into his place and tell him what I am trying to achieve he'll get leery on showing his secrets.