• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wide format laminator to pair with a roland soljet pro4 xr 640

HK40USP

Just starting out and amassing my equipment and materials for operations to start mid summer. I've been having trouble selecting a laminater for the fact that there are so many different choices and prices.

I'm looking to do piecework and maybe some recurring account work depending on who I can market to.

I'll be doing banners, vehicle graphics and wraps, menus, window clings, business cards and small signs, etc. It will be lots of little stuff, but the wraps and car graphics need to be laminated for sure.

I purchased a lightly used soljet pro for a good price and I would like a laminater that can do the full 64".

I just can't seem to weed through all the different models and manufactures.

Anybody have a similar printer and can suggest a laminater?

We have an Xr as well, and we use a Seal 62 base laminator with heat assist. You won't need a 64" laminator, as vinyl that you are going to laminate only comes 60" wide. The 62" laminator will work good for the money.

CL Visual

When we started out about 2 years ago, we bought a GFP 255c. It was about 4 grand and very easy to use. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles I would like but we've probably put about 100,000 square feet through it and never had an issue. I use a lot of different laminations and it takes me about 3 minutes to get a new roll on and get it going.

signman315

Signmaker
+1 for the Seal 62, great machine!

I also have an old Ledco that will laminate up to 60" wide. Rollers are in perfect shape, all in all in good condition. It's been used a ton but still works fine. Downside is no heat assist and there is a safety switch that is very sensitive. So if the table isn't set in just the right place the safety engages and stops the feed. If you're interested I'll entertain an offer.