• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Width cutting issue on SP-540

threeputt

I'm trying to cut a file that is 34.7" wide on 36" material for another sign shop. (who supplied the art and the media.)

I'm able to load it successfully in the machine in a manner that tells me I've got 37.8" available. But VersaWorks is displaying a little blue line around the art that apparently makes the file too wide.

The blue line looks like what a "weed border" would look like in another program we have for some Gerber equipment. (if that helps describe it)

Is this some sort of default setting? Can it be adjusted or removed? Or am I just stuck?

Tony McD

Is this a vector or rastor file?

If it's a rastor file it might be the edge of the bitmap, so you
could probably crop it and be ok.

If it's a vector file, look at it in wireframe mode, there may be a
hairline border there or something.

Are you printing and cutting....or just cutting?

joeshaul

If it's an EPS, try double clicking on the image of the Folder above your print/rip status dialog, this will bring up the default properties for the queue. Go to File Format and where it says Margin, decrease that.

You may need to increase it again after this job, otherwise your cut contours may be be deleted on some of the sides. Make sure the ants always match what you want.

joeshaul

Oh yeah, and another thing that causes this sometimes is disproportionate fonts. Try bringing the file into your software and converting text to curves/outline/etc.

threeputt

JoesHaul, thanks a ton! Worked like a charm. Didn't know about the margin default setting. Learn something new everyday.

Again, thanks everyone.