Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

width & length reversed

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by balzdep, Aug 25, 2011.

1. balzdep

balzdep New Member

Nov 6, 2010
    I just received my new graphtec 24" cutter & I have a problem, when i poll the cutter it sends back my width & length reversed ( it will say my width is 196" & my length is 13" (for a 15" roll)...when my width should be 13 & length 196...

Also in cutting master the panel shows where the design is laid out to cut following the red arrow, but when i send the job it tries to cut it following the blue arrow, so it cuts two letters & tells me off scale....

Any ideas??

Tags:
  2. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    On our Rolands in the menu you can swap axis, I am sure you are running into the same deal.

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome from PA....................................

4. balzdep

balzdep New Member

Nov 6, 2010
    thanks for the info...I switched my axis & all is good

5. gtprint1

gtprint1 New Member

Jun 4, 2010
    how did you switch your axis? I have a similar problem. out of the blue, today the plotter thinks it's origin is on the left side of the plotter and to move the film forward, it actually needs to go backwards. Somehow the axes are reversed from normal and i can't find a way to fix it!

6. mikey-Oh

mikey-Oh Very Active Member

Apr 16, 2009
    okc
    Should be able to rotate your orientation(s) in flexi. Mine looks like a stick figure dude and I can spin him a whole 360°