• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wierd cutting problem SP540v

Xyz

Good morning all.
My name is Jan Benjamins and I am from the Netherlands.
I have owned a sp540v for 12 years.
Had some minor issues and replaced a few heads, but overall had a super printer.
Now last month the motherboard broke and I bought another sp540.
I just have a really weird problem with that.
It prints great, only when printing, for example, 30 stickers on a sheet, the cutting does not go well.
The first row goes all right, but the further it goes up, it cuts a few millimeters off.
If I put the pressure on the blade all the way back to 30, it cuts well.
Has anyone ever had this?
I've already aligned everything 10 times etc. I don't understand it anymore

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-09-01 at 09.11.42 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-01 at 09.11.42 (1).jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 110
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-09-01 at 09.11.42.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-01 at 09.11.42.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 32

damonCA21

There are a couple of common reaons this can happen. I assume you mean the cut is ok across the width of the sheet, but goes out on the length?

With the cut being ok on lower pressures though it sounds like your pinch rollers aren't holding the vinyl tightly enough. This can cause it to slip a tiny amount Clean the print roller wheels, and also the grit rollers underneath. Also try lowering the cut speeds in the menu, both the cut speed and up speed. If the rollers are slipping then the printer moving the sheet very quickly can make it worse. If you have extra centre rollers then put these on as well as the more pinch rollers the better

damonCA21

Also, the alignment won't make any difference as this just tells the printer where to cut. If the sheet moves out of alignment at all the printer doesn't know this, so thinks it is cutting in the correct place

Xyz

There are a couple of common reaons this can happen. I assume you mean the cut is ok across the width of the sheet, but goes out on the length?

With the cut being ok on lower pressures though it sounds like your pinch rollers aren't holding the vinyl tightly enough. This can cause it to slip a tiny amount Clean the print roller wheels, and also the grit rollers underneath. Also try lowering the cut speeds in the menu, both the cut speed and up speed. If the rollers are slipping then the printer moving the sheet very quickly can make it worse. If you have extra centre rollers then put these on as well as the more pinch rollers the better
Thanks for the reply.
I think I just need to replace the complete pinch rollers plus holder.
It is also often that the first one in the lower right corner is good (and the entire front row)
But also that the top left in the sheet is also good, then it may also be that only the right pinch roll is not good.
I had already tried with extra rolls, but it didn't get much better, I had already lowered the speed, then it got a lot better.

damonCA21

It can be quite random sometimes. Normally the cutting at the right hand side is ok, but gets worse as you move to the left, but it can depend which part of the vinyl is slipping.
If lowering the cutting speed made it better than it definitely sounds like the rollers could do with replacing