• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wierd streaking problem....PLEASE HELP!! :)

Circleville Signs

OK - let me preface this by saying that I am ONLY having this issue with gloss banner material. Not with any of my vinyls, or with matte banner.

See the attached picture. The streaks (which look like head strikes, but that makes no sense) are running perpendicular to the platen.

Any idea what could be causing this? I'm blowing through banner material trying to get this job done and it's causing me massive headaches (and wallet-aches).

Attachments

• streaking.png
    streaking.png
    173.9 KB · Views: 67

PUFFERSIGN

Headstrikes

These are head strikes. Are you running the head up or down?
What heat seatings are you using and what is the material (brand, type)?

Todd M Castle

Too much heat causing the material to buckle in those spots causing head strikes?

Also are you printing with the head in High? (you should if not)

Circleville Signs

OK - that makes sense.

Yes, running with the head in high position (VJ1304), and the settings are as follows:

pre-heater - 42 (C)
Platen - 48 (C)
Dryer - 42 (C)

It's Fellers PEAK 13 oz gloss banner...

Why isn't it happening on matte banner? The settings are the same....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Also, try taking some of the weight off the machine by unrolling media so the rollers aren't pulling so much weight. Regardless of the media, heat and whatever else is going on.... relieving strain on the pull motion will prevent 90% of all of your buckling and thus stop head strikes.