• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wifi signal boosters

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Has anyone had any luck with wifi signal boosters? I cannot get a good signal up 2 floors. Netgear router is located in my basement and get little or no reception beyond the first floor. I would prefer not to move the router as it would require running wires through floors and walls so the next best bet is a signal booster

Letterbox Mike

Good question, was just wondering the same thing, we need to get a wifi signal about 100 yards to the other end of the building. :popcorn:

omgsideburns

You could always get a powerline networking kit and use that to move the router instead of running wires. Powerline networking is limited to like 200mbps but for your WAN connection that's plenty.

401Graphics

i used a booster when i used to take wifi from dunkin donuts from across the street at my old shop. It works. But keep in mind your speed will be cut in half because its now repeating the signal in and out.

showcase 66

This is the one I have.

http://www.officemax.com/technology...g Accessories&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=23220854

didnt get it at officemax. First place it came up when I googled it.

It works great. have only had one problem with it with a power outage. Needed to reset it like it was back to new but other than that, it has worked great.

I also have one of these in the living room so we have a better signal for netflix on the wii.
http://www.amazon.com/Netgear-Unive...&qid=1349910075&sr=8-4&keywords=netgear+wn300

I didnt pay that much as listed for each of them.

ProWraps

LOTS of wifi boosters available along with antennas. hotels and my marina uses a bunch of them.

you should be good to go. you could also put another router where you are at with the antennas and get it on your network from the other router.

the devices with those dual/tripple antenas get MUCH stronger signal. trust me. my laptop vs my desktop with the two big antennas on the back of the card are night an day. laptop is almost gone, and the desktop is full excellent strength.

Team Valhalla

I'd have to go back and see what it was called, but there's a gizmo you can plug into an electrical outlet and it runs the signal that way.

We were looking to shoot a signal about 150 ft to an adjacent building and we were having issues with the wireless router and signal strength. Ended up not being able to do it that way due to the other building having it's own circuit... went with a Cisco unit and it works great.

SP

CheapVehicleWrap

After buying everything (and I mean everything) (and returning it) including antennas etc. The farthest range (through buildings etc.) I have gotten is with an apple airport router with seperate reciever. The only apple product I would or do own.