• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will a 36 inch Mutoh Falcon do a contour cut?

Legman

I found a deal on a 36" Mutoh falcon Outdoor and would like to know if this thing will do contour cuts so i can make decals, etc.???

Many thanks for your competent help.

Robert M

Falcon

You will need a vinyl cutter with an optical sensor to complete that package. They start at $1500.00

Jackpine

I am guessing you are referring to a Graphtec CE series......A very good cutter for the money. He won't go wrong with that cutter. Your work flow will be better with a printer and a cutter rather a print/cut in one machine.
You will need a vinyl cutter with an optical sensor to complete that package. They start at $1500.00

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I found a deal on a 36" Mutoh falcon Outdoor and would like to know if this thing will do contour cuts so i can make decals, etc.???

No, that's a printer. It prints. For cutting you need a cutter.

If you meant to ask if this machine will print images that can be contour cut, the answer is yes.

Contour cutting is, for the most part, a function of whatever software you're using as well as having a printer and a cutter.

The printer needs no special ability other than printing. It's handy if the cutter has some sort of optical registration mark sensing mechanism but it's not show stopper if it does not.