• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will Colorprint stand up outdoors ?

Drip Dry

Not sure if this belongs here or somewhere else but...

I'm looking to use colorprint material or Solutions Opaque for a canvas tent.
I've tested the colorprint and it goes on very nice on the canvas. I know it's really used for shirts.
Question is... how do you think it will stand up outdoors. I don't know for sure if it will be outside forever or if they will take it down on occasion.
I haven't been able to find anything about their outdoor durability.

I would also like to laminate it, but I don't think the lamination would like
the heat press much.

Any comments

Sticky Signs

Interesting. I've often thought about trying the same thing. I would probably try a spray lam with a lot of UV protection. I can't see why it wouldn't last outdoors, after all, it's made to go in the washing machine and the dryer. Let us know how it works.

BROWNDOG

i've done it on artists tents and tire covers, it holds up pretty well on the tent, the ink on the tire cover looked good after 6 months but the edges started peeling, i think the cover had to much water proofing in it,
i use the Siser color print on my shop shirts,they go through the wash alot, some still look good after 2 years

Mike_Koval

The materials will hold up nicely outdoors. You do have to watch with some items as browndog says, alot of times there is weather proofing that can effect the adhesion.