• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will my new printer, software, and cutter communicate?

New to Printing

I have been running a Mutoh VJ1204 and a Vinyl Express Qe54 for 5-6 years now. I have been using Ve Lxi Rip Design and Rip for all the printing and cutting. I have been speaking with a couple different companies regarding a replacement of the mutoh and currently looking to purchase a Mimaki VJ100. It does not look like I can add a Mimaki printer to my Rip software. The Mimaki comes with Rasterlink. Does anyone know if I am going to have issues with print cut? Should I look into a newer version of Flexi? Anyone have a better idea? Really not looking forward to new software to be honest.....

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I have no experience with Mutohs, Vinyl Express plotters or that RIP you mentioned....but I can say with absolute certainty that Rasterlink is the worst RIP I've ever seen/used. We use Onyx Thrive to drive all our printers & cutters and once you're used to it, it's good. It's not cheap but it does work with just about any brand of printer or cutter out there.

jimdtg

Just look in your current LXi to see if new printer model is supported so you can use it without problem.