• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

will Printed Matte vinyl....laminate ok?

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Will printing on matte vinyl then laminating with gloss laminate cause any issues (...like, laminate not adhering to printed matte vinyl)

Specifically 3M Print Film 40C-20 matte vinyl with any lam.

tim99

I don't see why there would be an issue. we print on matte and laminate with gloss almost on a daily basis with no separation issues. its not as glossy as gloss+gloss but to the "normal eye" there is barely any difference.

visual800

be careful with laminated a print going on walls it does have a tendency to come off the wall as the laminate constricts

Jackpine

I prefer printing on matte

As Pat said......."Most of the vinyl we print on is matte..........never had an issue." I prefer printing on matte.

gabagoo

matte prints the best and if you want gloss, laminate it...so much better than stocking so many different rolls

neil_se

Ours gets a gloss laminate 99% of the time. I do stock a bit of Arlon 4500G if for some reason we want an unlaminated gloss finish or are doing a second surface print by reverse printing on laminate and backing up in white.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
be careful with laminated a print going on walls it does have a tendency to come off the wall as the laminate constricts

thanks guys...and Yes...this was a consideration for a 900 sq.ft. wall mural so I wanted to print faster and considered calendered.
I just think I'll go with Phototex so I don't have to even laminate or worry about drying time etc.