• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will Roland ColorRIP run on Windows 7?

paul luszcz

We have a thirteen year old Roland CJ540 printer/cutter driven by a Wasatch RIP branded by Roland as ColorRIP. Shortly after this machine came out it was replaced by the SJ540 and the RIP was replaced by VersaWorks. ColorRIP was orphanced and as a result, you hear very little about it.

Our printhead died years ago and we only use the RIP to drive the cutter. But it's a fine 54" plotter and until we buy a new plotter, we'd like to upgrade the computer that's running ColorRIP.

The computer is an old Pentium II running Windows XP Professional. It has a 600mb (yes, with an m) hard drive and other limitations that make replacing the computer worthwhile.

The question our IT company asked immediately, and my question to you all is: Will ColorRIP run on Windows 7?

If not, is there any other software that will drive this cutter? Again, we need cut only functions.