• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will vinyl adhere to galvanized steel?

I have a simple question for you guys and girls. Do the majority of outdoor vinyl solvent based adhesives adhere properly to galvanized steel assuming the steel is clean and relatively smooth? I'm just wondering if any known reactions occur when vinyl graphics are applied to galvanized steel.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
galv steel is hard as hell to paint due to the coating on it, can't recall what it is - need to buy a special primer just to have a chance at that.

I'd have concerns about that.

GVP

If you're talking just raw unpainted galv. And it's clean and smooth, vinyl sticks well. We used to do a ton on galvanized until we switched to aluminum composite. Degreasing is the key.

2B

If you're talking just raw unpainted galv. And it's clean and smooth, vinyl sticks well. We used to do a ton on galvanized until we switched to aluminum composite. Degreasing is the key.

+1
make sure you post heat to ensure a good bite from the vinyl