• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will Wasatch 6.2 run on Windows 8 / 8.1

heyskull

Hi all I hope someone can clear this up.
My RIP computer has died and I am having to quickly buy a new one from a supplier today and have up and running tonight.
The issue is all the latest PCs have Windows 8 / 8.1 installed.
Is Wasatch 6.2 compatible with this Operating System or will I face problems?
Wasatch only want to sell me an update and are not willing to properly answer this question.

Thanks
SC

UnlimitedBT

Hi, Sorry -can't give you exact answer but in my shop, we buy new pc, wipe out stupid windows 8, install 7 and and everyone is happy.

heyskull

Bit of information for all Wasatch users.

Here's Wasatchs answer:-

"Hi SC
Thank you for your enquiry. You can run Wasatch with Windows 8 but your version is very old and you will need to upgrade.
Please supply the serial number and I will advise the cost. "

My question is if it runs on Windows 8 Why do I need to upgrade?!!

This is the first piece of free information I have ever been given by Wasatch and normally you would have to pay them something to find this out.
They must be in the holiday spirit?LOL
Thanks Wasatch and No I will not be upgrading.

SC

b6hs

Sign
No pb

Hi all I hope someone can clear this up.
My RIP computer has died and I am having to quickly buy a new one from a supplier today and have up and running tonight.
The issue is all the latest PCs have Windows 8 / 8.1 installed.
Is Wasatch 6.2 compatible with this Operating System or will I face problems?
Wasatch only want to sell me an update and are not willing to properly answer this question.

Thanks
SC

Hi

Yes it works without pb.

And you do not need an upgrade to work

MikeD

That type of "support" is exactly why we are "upgrading" to ONYX!

We run 5 seats of Wasatch so it's hard to transition, but I had the opportunity to do a new printer evaluation using ONYX and was very impressed. We did the printer demo on a laptop and the RIP time was still much faster than Wasatch. It seems like ONYX has much better support too, although I have not actually needed it yet.

Our IT guy is strictly against using Windows 8 for anything.