• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will wrapping over diamond plate hold up?

A customer wants me to place a decal on top of diamond plate. We would probably be using IJ180. I've never had any ask me to cover diamond plate. I think I can do it but I was concerned about longevity, I think even with using primer 94 the decal would tent over time and wouldn't last very long.

Anyone have experience covering diamond plate?

Thanks,
Chris

SIGNTIME

as far as application it not very hard with wrap film i just laid down quick like a normal decal then heat and run the rolle pro over it... as far as its longevity im not sure as the ones i did were temporary as they were on trucks being rented out for a few months but we never got any calls from the company saying they were failing.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We used 3M 480Cv3 on a fair trailer with diamond plate over a year ago and it still looks good. We did the same thing application wise: span over the low spots, Heat and RollePro down

Cool, I'll cover my butt and advise the customer that it will probably not hold up as well as the rest of the project but will be glad to make the decals if he wants to go forward.

Thanks,
Chris