• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Win 10 here we go again .....

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
Update are now version specific not just general win 10 !
Technical article about win 10 new features and issues . Personally I have disconnected my internet to my win 10 machine( since last update / nightmare ) until l know what “ undocumented features “ will load and screw up my workflow .
Just another reason to have a good IT computer guy.
Many confusing updates but you can now snooze updates for 30 some days before installing.... the other stuff I’ll let my computer guy/gal handle
Glad I have a win 7 machine also , win 10 has only been issues and work arounds .
Mac would be nice but the migration would be big $$$

https://damgoodadmin.com/2019/05/22/psa-new-update-product-categories-for-1903-release/

WildWestDesigns

I know I'm sounding like a broken record to a lot on here, but updates is not good for a production environment. Production computers should be offline all the time (hard to do if you also use subscription based software, which is one of the many reasons why I don't like SaaS), but Win 10, especially with it's update history specifically, but in general Windows history with updates has been this way (and to a degree it's understandable, all the hardware/software combination out there).

Updates are this way, no matter what the platform, Mac has it's issues as well (High Sierra was a bumpy ride in the very beginning). I read of all kinds of engineering issues with Macbooks as well. Alicia had 2 issues with hers as well and she said no more. Both of those, I have less sympathy with Macs then with other platforms that have many hardware/software combinations.

What makes me lose it with Windows is that they are forced. Security and patch updates I can understand, not feature updates. That's pointless and unnecessary and the only ones doing the testing are the users. I don't think MS has an internal means of testing, it's all done from the Insider's program.

My dad got 1903 the other day and guess who is having to do IT work over the weekend holiday?

One bad thing and this happened on the Anniversary update and with this latest one, if there are programs that Windows detects aren't compatible with the version it's upgrading to, it removes them without user input. Gives a message (at least with the Anniversary update) and removes it. How is that a good thing? At least give one the ability to troubleshoot the issue first. How many on here use legacy software and software that has a finite number of seats/activations? No bueno at all.