• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant Win 10 update again

WildWestDesigns

The thing is depending on some variables, not everyone is going to be affected. That's the way it's always been with Win updates.

The Cortana search and file search didn't affect my dad's computer, but that mass file deletion did.

It's always a crap shoot

Christian @ 2CT Media

The thing is depending on some variables, not everyone is going to be affected. That's the way it's always been with Win updates.

The Cortana search and file search didn't affect my dad's computer, but that mass file deletion did.

It's always a crap shoot
That's with any updates, Apple has it, Hp has it, Corel has it, Adobe seriously is worse than MS, Onyx, etc... the list goes on... Microsoft and Adobes issues are their forced update mentality.

WildWestDesigns

That's with any updates, Apple has it, Hp has it, Corel has it, Adobe seriously is worse than MS, Onyx, etc... the list goes on... Microsoft and Adobes issues are their forced update mentality.

That's right, updates are a double edge sword for any system. When High Sierra first came out, that was a rough patch.

Occasionally, I'll deal with update issues in Linux, but at least there is the potential for me to fix it and not having to wait on someone to fix it if they deem it worthy to be fixed (re enough people bitch about it).

I don't have a problem with forced updates if it was just security and/or patching updates. I honestly wouldn't. There is a lot of lazy IT admin work out there (the fact that ransom ware is actually a thing demonstrates this), so I can see where those updates should be forced especially on a Win system (and there are several reasons why Win versus the others), but it's the forced feature updates that will really fubar a system more often then not. That's where my contention is. It's just compounded with other issues that are apart of the Window's ecosystem.