• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Win 12 Canary

WildWestDesigns

So I saw this from a few days ago. Apparently the canary channel for Windows testers may start getting Win 12 bits in it.

I noticed one thing in there that this is line of thinking that this is going to be the first cloud based OS, at least according to the article. And that wouldn't be a new thing with Windows, do have Windows 365 that's a DaaS for small business and enterprise. Even if it's not, I wouldn't be surprised if the apps that most people have locally now would end up being just webview apps. With them being subscription and some have features that have to have a perpetual internet connection anyway for the program(s) to work or at least for all features to work, they might as well be. I would just see this is a natural progression.

JBurton

Signtologist
First cloud based OS? Like more than ChromeOS is? How can you strip much more out of an OS and imagine it will stay stable with all the zoomtoks and facehubs eating the world's bandwidth?
ezgif.com-add-text.gif

WildWestDesigns

First cloud based OS? Like more than ChromeOS is? How can you strip much more out of an OS and imagine it will stay stable with all the zoomtoks and facehubs eating the world's bandwidth?
I would say that at best, it would be a bare bones install of Windows and everything could be moving more to webview apps (at least that's better compared to Electron on resources). Now that's just me speculating. Of course, you have your online account for "convenience" as well. Very much going back to the dummy terminal days. I wasn't much of a fan back in the day, but at least in most instances the server that one was connected to was still relatively local, now not so much.