• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wind load on wall mount channel letters???

letterman7

ICC holds national conferences every year to hear proposals on additions or changes to the code. New codes are launched every three years, so we're stuck for the next 3 (just voted on in October). Anyone can attend - but you have to get there under your own power. There is no reimbursement for time and travel. Anyway.. one of the forum moderators on the ICC site (and yes, there is a forum - maybe we should start a sign topic there) suggested I write the proposed changes, submit them (which I did, and were shot down unilaterally for no reason given) and go to the council meeting to plead my case. As I said, I'm just one guy. Nobody on a national committee is going to pay me any attention. We need the attention of a larger national chain (FastSigns?) and other companies (YesCo) to start leaning on the ICC to get our voices heard. We're going way off topic - sorry FatCat - but sh*t like this gives me gas. And one of the reasons I'm really not doing much sign work anymore.. way too much politics locally.

letterman7

The ISA and USSC both do research and supply materials to help write common sense sign codes.
How are those definitions common sense, Bill? They override each other and are certainly not specific enough, nor do they cover all the possible combinations that the industry produces. The definitions are purposefully vague, left to non-industry individuals to "fill in the blanks" which, as professionals, we can't have happen.