Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Window border LED's

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by signlords, Sep 7, 2018.

1. signlords

signlords Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Florida
    Does anybody have a good supplier for those stupid window border LED's? The ones that snap into the little tracks. We have a supplier, that is actually UL listed, but its direct from china. Shipping is slow and pricey.

Tags:
  2. ams

ams Very Active Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Can you show a photo example? Do you mean the ones that give the look of neon?

3. signlords

signlords Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Florida
    Sorry I suppose that would have helped lol. Not the faux neon, the ones like this:
    LED-LIGHTING-INSTALLERS-FORT-MYERS-5.jpg

4. Brandon708

Brandon708 Very Active Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Orland Park, IL
    I hate those so much I wouldn't even sell them. It looks so cheap and tacky. Just my opinion.

From what I understand they can be any strip of leds. Most common is a 3 diode light. As for the channel they use. I've seen them installed with the plastic strips that are used for drywall corners.

5. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    • Like Like x 1
  6. petrosgraphics

petrosgraphics Member

Feb 24, 2010
    cape cod, ma
    sloan makes a pretty good one.

7. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    You can tell a ghetto area when there are check cashing stores, vapor stores, pawn shops, and oh yea...gas stations with those ugly window LEDs.

• OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
  8. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    phones stores, braids and weaves and salons use them here. I have gotten calls and I have gladly declined. A majority is in the hood. As usual , loud, trashy and obnoxious....I want no part in it.

nonetheless i found this https://www.diodeled.com/products/strip-lights.html

9. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Have the company ship them by dhl, shouldn't cost that much