• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Graphics - Broken Glass

Centro Graphics

Hey all

We have been doing window graphics of varying specs for years and years.

Today in the cold when removing old graphics, so we could put a rebrand, the laminated window cracked from the heat gun. Luckily it was only a 7ft x 2ft door pane, the rest of the 5 windows were almost 8ft square each.

This has never happened to us before but can understand why it did so, although at the edge of glass half way up, as its cold outside.

We are now glazers too:omg:, as we ordered a new piece and fitted ourselves, saving over £200.00, albeit costing us time.

This has led to remind me about correct materials for window graphics as I have heard about windows craking when large graphics applied, especially dark colours, although not had it happen to us.

What manufaturers are people using out there and have anyone heard of craking windows from vinyl application.

Steve

P.S. Anyone want advice on glass fitting we are the ones to ask.:doh:

Mosh

You seriously used a heat gun on a cold window??? LOL, sorry, but you didn't see that crack coming a mile (or KM) away???

Centro Graphics

Yeah I know, haste clouded care, downgraded to a hairdryer for the rest.

We qare very busy just now and all hands on deck, so was out myself on installs. Perhaps I should stay at the office.