• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions window graphics for office

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I have a client who wants something like this in their conference room. Can anyone direct me to the material that it is? Thanks.
Geneva

Attachments

• 3886 (1).jpeg
    3886 (1).jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 353
  • 3884 (1).jpeg
    3884 (1).jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 290
  • 3885 (1).jpeg
    3885 (1).jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 279

Mike Perth

Looks like printed frosted film, we usually add 30% saturation when running frosted on our Latex as the colours tend to look a bit washed out.

ikarasu

Looks more like 3M 8150 to me... Too transparent to be a frosted vinyl.

We do stuff like that all the time, works great but a bit pricey. Any optically clear vinyl should work.

Attaching one we did In our office. As mentioned... Use moreink. I believe we did 220% just because this side gets lots of sun and we wanted it to be bright and not washed out.

Attachments

• 84AD430E-2C31-470B-AAA1-43A3CFC057F2.jpeg
    84AD430E-2C31-470B-AAA1-43A3CFC057F2.jpeg
    729.9 KB · Views: 285

White Haus

Not a Newbie

We do stuff like that all the time, works great but a bit pricey. Any optically clear vinyl should work.

Attaching one we did In our office. As mentioned... Use moreink. I believe we did 220% just because this side gets lots of sun and we wanted it to be bright and not washed out.

That looks awesome!

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Agreed...no frosted. An optically clear vinyl is the most likely solution. General Formulations makes an awesome product...GF255...though shorter term specified and the price is a heck of a lot better than the 3m.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think either will work, but the samples shown by the OP seem to be somewhat all opaque. You can't see the buildings outside her samples as you can see the trees through ikarasu's sample. Perhaps even a translucent might work.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller

That looks amazing! I did giggle a bit. It looks like the fish are swimming in the trees.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I think either will work, but the samples shown by the OP seem to be somewhat all opaque. You can't see the buildings outside her samples as you can see the trees through ikarasu's sample. Perhaps even a translucent might work.
A translucent might work? any suggestions on which one would work best? I have an HP latex printer I'm working with.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not a latex guy, so maybe you oughta ask BigFish. He has all those kinda answers. :thumb:

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
The GF255 works on latex....just add a bit of an interpass delay if you on the small format machines. Work with your heat settings. We run mostly 1500s...so not sure of the small format settings.

ikarasu

That looks amazing! I did giggle a bit. It looks like the fish are swimming in the trees.

Haha..yes. It's not that bad in reality though. Our graphics artist Decided to shut all our lights off to give it a more glowing effect.

When it's daytime..and the lights are on in the board room it's not as see through. obviously it's still a bit see through, so if you have trees...you may not want fish :)

Attaching some frosted we've done. We do have some transparent we've done as well, once I find it I'll add it. You can totally see the difference between the 3. I still think your attached photos are printed on clear, its just theres not much in the BG in yours to see, and its darker colors. But I'd go with transparent, or clear... I like how bright the clear is, but to each their own!

[Edit] Just to add, the forsted was a greyish/brown print... All the colors / white in that photo are cut vinyl added to the front to give it a 3Dish type look.

Attachments

• JP.jpg
    JP.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

ikarasu

And the Translucent... taken on a crappy day.

Translucent is nice because the light shows through on the inside, but it's more opaque on the outside. I'm not too big of a fan of these graphics, Maybe because it's so grey and crappy looking I like the clear better... But I do think the clear is more shiny / vibrant.

Frosted is more of an interior/decorate look IMO. Great for show pieces/rooms, but I wouldn't use it on a huge window graphic.

The windows to the right are the ones we added the fish prints to... So the trees are directly infront. If it's in the distance, I dont think it'd be as noticeable.

Attachments

• Translucent.jpg
    Translucent.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 225

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Haha..yes. It's not that bad in reality though. Our graphics artist Decided to shut all our lights off to give it a more glowing effect.

When it's daytime..and the lights are on in the board room it's not as see through. obviously it's still a bit see through, so if you have trees...you may not want fish :)

Attaching some frosted we've done. We do have some transparent we've done as well, once I find it I'll add it. You can totally see the difference between the 3. I still think your attached photos are printed on clear, its just theres not much in the BG in yours to see, and its darker colors. But I'd go with transparent, or clear... I like how bright the clear is, but to each their own!

[Edit] Just to add, the forsted was a greyish/brown print... All the colors / white in that photo are cut vinyl added to the front to give it a 3Dish type look.
so what vinyl did you use to print on? (brand)

ikarasu

3m 8150 for the clear. We only use 3m. I forgot the translucent number...

It helps.that 3M has grants for doing stuff like this in your show room for gold members.... So the material ends up being free it's great material though. Been up for years with no issues.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
3m 8150 for the clear. We only use 3m. I forgot the translucent number...

It helps.that 3M has grants for doing stuff like this in your show room for gold members.... So the material ends up being free it's great material though. Been up for years with no issues.
What does the 3M gold membership do for you?

Steenland

Old Member
3M 40C-114R Clear Controltac might be a good choice if you don't need the optical clarity of 8150, but don't want to go to translucent. Translucents generally only look good from one side, but 40C-114R Clear looks good from both sides. It's calendared, but that's fine for flat applications like glass, and that also means it's much less expensive than 8150. Prints nicely with HP latex and it's easy to apply.