• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

window perf 2019 GMC Acadia

shacho

Hello all, I have put some widow perf on the rear window of a 2019 GMC Acadia and it has come off twice in the last year. I make sure the window is very clean using a general cleaner then finishing up with isopropyl. I even thought it was the vinyl itself so i bought some new Orajet 3675 window perf and still no luck.
I did read one thing on the internet that some glass they are making for vehicles now days are made with different compounds and do not receive vinyl very well... don't know if that is true or not. This vehicle has heating elements in the rear window as well is a compound curves. So there is no laying it flat in any direction. That being said the two side windows have the same perf on them and they are fine... mind you these are flat windows with no heating elements. Does anybody have any ideas? This is a good customer and i don't want to disappoint them.

Sindex Printing

I had a customer come in fron another shop that had a similar issue. I printed on clear vinyl and make the perf pattern that I left clear. Customer absolutely loved it.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I’d guess it’s the heating element speeding up the expand - contract process. Strong enough to break rocks so I’m guessing window perf is an easy target.

that or when we’re removing that stuff we tend to use heat so that’s probably helping

shacho

i use optically clear edge tape around the perimeter and still not luck. i have tried using the 94 primer before and i found you can see it on the inside of the window. I think i may have figured this out. i beleive there is a coating on the window... maybe something like RainX that is preventing the vinyl from sticking. so i am going to clean with acetone then isoprophyl and see how that works. thanks for all the input.