• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Perf Help

copythat

I'm trying to print a black logo 36" x 48" on window perf. Problem is, once the film is removed, the black is lighten to a greyish color. Any help will do.

Matt Cuellar

Sorry dude, that's the nature of perf once the backing is taken off. Might want to double-strike your profile for added density, but that's about it.

copythat

Thanks Guys

Sorry dude, that's the nature of perf once the backing is taken off. Might want to double-strike your profile for added density, but that's about it.

Can you suggest a vinyl material that would work on a van. Oh yea that even a newbie like myself can do.

Compilla

I'm trying to print a black logo 36" x 48" on window perf. Problem is, once the film is removed, the black is lighten to a greyish color. Any help will do.

Hey buddy ,

Try the Oracal 3676 60/40

More printable surface area improves image quality.

mark in tx

What RIP are you using?

You should be able to overprint or increase the passes on the print.

My own way to deal with perf is to use at least 4 passes. That should darken it up enough to match the surrounding print.

copythat

Hmm

What RIP are you using?

You should be able to overprint or increase the passes on the print.

My own way to deal with perf is to use at least 4 passes. That should darken it up enough to match the surrounding print.

FlexiPrint & still a newbie with this software. The blacks were so rich before removing backing. That will be something to look at settings that is. I was so used to ONYX when I was printing with aqueous inks. I guess like everything you learn as you grow.

Thanks Mark

Going to make some passes to determine the best settings.

mbarden

Clear Focus recommends upping your color saturation by about 20%. Depending upon your design software you should be able to do that right in the RIP. I did this on my last partial wrap and it turned out very nice. the color was consistent from wrap to perf.
Mike B
Big River Sign Co.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I agree with upping saturation. What brand perf are you printing on ? We've gotten some that were washed out no matter what we did.

mbarden

Who me?
Clear Focus ClassicVue for Roland Versacamm and JV3 75SPII.
Put Oracal 290F optically clear over it. Great combo.
Mike B

copythat

Cool

oops - was referring to the original poster...

good combination though!

Can only tell you that invoice says window film. Brand GMI. I have an Unger in production. AS soon as anything arrives he tosses the boxes & stores the material. But I look forward to trying the Oracals. With all the advertisements I see in the magazines they must know what they are doing.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Just a hint - put a label with the brand, product number, size and date you rec'd the product on the inner core of the every roll of material you receive.

We weren't very happy with the GMI perf.

copythat

Rep

Just a hint - put a label with the brand, product number, size and date you rec'd the product on the inner core of the every roll of material you receive.

We weren't very happy with the GMI perf.

Thanks for Dawg.

This is where we cut the cord with present provider & look for one that understands that we are the ones to take care of, and not push products that take care of them. Thanks for the info.