• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Perf Help

speedys

I've been reviewing posts on here and haven't found any that pertain to my particular problem. I have a 54" printer and have a 77" window to put window perf in. The design is split so that the upper 2/3 of the window is lighter with logo/design. THe bottom 1/3 is black with writing. All on window perf. My question is: Do you "Butt" the 2 pieces up together? Tape? Just use Primer? or do you overlap? I am assuming no on the overlap, but thought I would mention it anyway...Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

sign_student

Overlap

Hi there,

Our installers here always overlap. I was told that the problem with butting it is that the vinyl has a memory and eventually you will end up with a small opening between the pieces

Hope that helps.

-Patrick

dwt

You will still see the seam either way, but from my bar stool they will look the same.

Malkin

ah.. ok. That would be better for perf I think as well.

overlapping seams are very noticeable from the inside.