• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Perf install with toolbox.

ronl1975

Ok, just installed one of these pain in the A** jobs with the toolbox ontop of the bed of the truck that goes above the window 5 inches. I install these types by first the top, then the bottom. But then the trimming is a PAIN. Are there any tricks that I'm missing and/or what is the proper way to isntall these types of window perfs ?

ronl1975

Well I forgot to mention, the tool box was unable to be removed. It wasn't installed correctly and I wasn't touching it ..

letterman7

That's all you can do short of asking the owner to move the box. Charge extra next time for 'obstacles of application'.

Salmoneye

Take a straight edge and cut it clean across at the height of the toolbox. The area below that line will not serve as effective advertising space. Or you can cut your bottom line on your cutter so that it is perfect. If the line is perfectly straight it will not look like an afterthought.