• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window perf job.

threeputt

Quick question. We think we may be about to do twelve windows 5 feet wide by 10 feet tall.

Totally edge to edge digital print on window perf with cast overlaminate. Nice job, hopefully we get it.

Is there a practical way to make sure the edges of the graphic are difficult to start peeling? Make it harder for a casual vandal to yank the whole print off.

This is for a kids amusement center and some of them will be milling about near the windows with idle hands.

Circleville Signs

Not really, no. The good thing is that once it is down, unless you have the right tools, it isn't coming off in anything less than little chunks anyways :) if you are laminating then you could leave an overlam bleed of 1/4 inch or so.

Gary

ProWraps

Not really, no. The good thing is that once it is down, unless you have the right tools, it isn't coming off in anything less than little chunks anyways :) if you are laminating then you could leave an overlam bleed of 1/4 inch or so.

Gary

actually, with the lam, ripping it off in a full sheet will be childs play. it all depends on what your client will accept. if they will allow you to cut back and use edge sealer, then do it. thats your best best.

chances are you will need to cut back some if there is the rubber gaskets that are typically uneven. but other than that, your kinda stuck.

i wouldnt worry about kids as much as i would about it peeling on its own. we never offer more than 6 mo warranty on ANY perf. half the material, half the life. it fails before anything else.

biggieg

Gary

What are the right tools? I have a couple of windows that need to be removed and then reapplied and it is coming off in chunks.

ProWraps

is it lammed? if so, hit it with heat.

edge sealer usualy comes in a can like PVC glue with the same swab (which honestly i swear its the same stuff). so you swab it on, but you can use a brush too. it drys hard and will create a smooth transition to the edge of the perf so there is really to way to get your finger nail or anything like that under it to start to peel it.

it will also make the perf last longer when it comes to resiting edge curling.

cdiesel

I'd just use lam tape.. You can use your end rolls of lam, cut into 1/2" strips. Cut the perf back about a quarter inch from the rubber, and use the lam strips to make sure it stays put.