• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Perf lifting while printing-Need help

Red Alpha

Hello,
I have a mutoh 1641sr printer and am attempting to print on a new material. Its the black label window perf from fellers. I noticed that the material is lifting up from the liner while its printing an I had to stop it because of a head strike. I already raised up the print head to mid level. I read on another thread that lowering the heater temperature might work. I have never messed with the heater.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Turn the heat down, turn the vacuum up all the way, and clean the platen with alcohol to make sure the material isn't sticking to the platen. If none of that helps, you might need new pinch rollers.

Red Alpha

I'd try lowering the temp to start, as it
I'd try lowering the temp to start, as it does sound like there is too much heat.

This printer has 3 settings Normal, Dryer and Fixer . I tried the dryer setting

Turn the heat down, turn the vacuum up all the way, and clean the platen with alcohol to make sure the material isn't sticking to the platen. If none of that helps, you might need new pinch rollers.
I'm going through the menu options and I don't see the options to change any of those settings

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
I'm not familiar with Mutoh, as I have Roland's, which allow you to adjust the temperatures of both the print and dryer heaters.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'm going through the menu options and I don't see the options to change any of those settings
It's the pre and platen heater you want to lower. The dryer usually doesn't cause the buckling.

Check the settings in your RIP. Usually the vacuum and heat settings can be controlled there. Otherwise, they should be in the Setup menu on the printer.

Red Alpha

It's the pre and platen heater you want to lower. The dryer usually doesn't cause the buckling.

Check the settings in your RIP. Usually the vacuum and heat settings can be controlled there. Otherwise, they should be in the Setup menu on the printer.
I'll check the rip here in a second. I actually got a good print by raising the print head to high from mid. Material is still buckling but the head is not striking

I think I use the same window perf and have the same issues on my HP 360. I usually have to turn the temp down as far as I can, adjust the vacuum, and put clamps on the front of my material.

Red Alpha

I wasn't sure how much to lower it so I went from 42 C to 35 and so far its good. I still have the print head on high but since it hasn't buckled at all I'm going to try it on mid. My only concern is that 35 too low and will create other issues.

Red Alpha

I think I use the same window perf and have the same issues on my HP 360. I usually have to turn the temp down as far as I can, adjust the vacuum, and put clamps on the front of my material.
Yeah. So far lowering to 35 c from 42(default) and turning on the vaccuum to high seems to be working