Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Window Perf Lines

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Ldireprophil, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Ldireprophil

Ldireprophil Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Atlanta
    Did a search but didn't hit on this. What's causing the lines and how to correct them. Anyone got a good icc profile you could send me to try?

Economy 70/30 window perf on Latex 365.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. balstestrat

balstestrat Active Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Between the bits
    You have no issues in any other material?
    Which way did this come out of the printer?

3. wleong

wleong Member

Jan 4, 2018
    CA
    I would try adjusting the Z height of the print head.

William

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    How many passes was this run on?

5. Ldireprophil

Ldireprophil Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Atlanta
    All other material is fine. Brand new perf roll out of the box. The profile ran is HP one-view window perf which on 12 pass. (see pic)

Attached Files:

6. wildside

wildside Very Active Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Kansas
    looks like heat streaks to me. We have good luck with perf at 10 pass with 110 ink. I think the heat setting is about 219 on clear focus material. If you are running that many passes with that heavy of saturation, it may be moving so slow it creates those heat streaks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Have you tried peeling the material off the liner, that looks like ink piling in the holes and drying different. It's common with high density solid colors.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Superior_Adam

Superior_Adam Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Wichita, Kansas
    I would set up your own profile if possible. Not sure if the 365 allows that like the 560/570. Every material we print on is on our profile to get the best quality. Those lines look like a heat issue to me

9. Jester1167

Jester1167 Premium Subscriber

Does it look like that off of the liner? The way it collects in the holes might have something to do with the look, but I doubt it.

10. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    considering its perf, the issue usually comes from high temps & high ink levels causing the material or liner to buckle ever so slightly, causing distortion in the way the ink is laid as it travels over high & low spots in the media.

i would try tweaking your settings to a slightly lower temp and/or higher vacuum to see if you an remedy.
    worst-case, you can always try printing onto clear and laminating that to the perf.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ldireprophil

Ldireprophil Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Atlanta
    After some tweaking a newly created profile, I was able to get some color consistency in this 61x68 (2 pieces) window perf without the lines. Raised vacuum, lowered the heat, lowered ink density, increased interpass delay.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. balstestrat

balstestrat Active Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Between the bits
    If that banding aint there by design you probably have some printhead issues. Or you went a little extreme with the settings.

• Like Like x 1