• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window perf on interior windows-which product works for this?

sinclairgraphics1

Sinclair Graphics & Installations
We have been installing window perf on exterior windows for over 20 years and never had an issue with visibility. One of our clients requested some perf on their interior office windows and we obliged. Obviously you can see in the pic this doesn't work with the interior light source they have. This is a 60/40 dual liner film. What film works for an interior window if any? We keep telling them it's their light source and they refuse to believe it as they have lots of exterior windows with perf. I told them that's 100% different source of light. See the pic below(I blurred the client info out as you can see).

Attachments

• 20230315_110312.jpg
    20230315_110312.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 286

sinclairgraphics1

Sinclair Graphics & Installations
Yes it's because they have lighting on both sides of the glass. You would probably have to go with a frosted vinyl to help diffuse the light and add any privacy.
Yes, I told them that as well but they refuse to believe the perf won't work because it worked on all their exterior windows. Really a pain when the customer thinks they know better.

unclebun

Tell them to go to their business at night when it's dark outside, turn on the inside lights, then go outside and look inside their building because that's how perforated vinyl works.

Even the two-way mirrors that police use work the same way. That's why when you watch a cop show the people observing an interrogation are always in a dark room.

Jason1

You could either add a matte or glossy laminate. Matte will block the view and glossy(Non optically Clear) will blur the image and add some reflectivity.

Superior_Adam

tell them to turn the lights off in the room behind it and see what it looks like. Interior with equal amounts of light on both sides will never work.

JBurton

Signtologist
Have you tried going in and flipping the lights off with the customer there?
For a different effect, print on clear, laminate to perf. The visibility from inside will be awful, but from outside (viewing the graphics) the colors will both pop against the white material and be illuminated by the light inside, plus the extra ink will add some more privacy for the folks making coffee.

• Agree
Reactions: 2B