Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Window Perf supplier (wholesale)

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing, Pricing Etc.' started by Atomic DNA, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Atomic DNA

Atomic DNA Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Western KY
    I am looking for a provider of printed window perf. I can do the smaller stuff at my shop but I am looking for 30" and wider. I use 365 on quite a few items and have ordered Perf from them in the past but they will not provide the print non laminated. My client wants it optically clear and I really do not like the poor visibility of laminated Perf. Does anyone know of a wholesale company that will do these without lamination? Thank you in advance.

Tags:
  2. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    TIME OUT Z06 KLR! There IS optically clear lam for PERF. Check out other Merchant Members, perhaps INSIGNIA, Mike Riley-Owner, 937-866-2341 www.insignia-signs.com

3. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX
    While there is "optically clear" lamination. we have yet to see lamination that is as easy to see through as non-laminated.

4. JBarraxSW

JBarraxSW Merchant Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Texas
    Hi 2B.
    Are you allowing enough time for the prints to outgas before you laminate them?

5. Atomic DNA

Atomic DNA Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Western KY
    I have some perf from 365 that has been laminated and is "optically clear" but believe me, it isn't. My customer doesn't mind the sacrifice in UV protection.

6. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX

yup, when testing we allowed a min of 24 hrs, usually printed on Fri. let sit over weekend and lam on Mon.

7. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX
    we have not used a vendor since we have a 64" machine but our customers are the same way, we have "optically clear" lam and non lam on the window of the shop and the customer always goes non because the view is not "foggy" and understand that the life is reduced and will have to be cleaned occasionally since debris collects in the holes

8. JBarraxSW

JBarraxSW Merchant Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Texas
    Well you're definitely doing it correctly. But, as Tim Turner says, you should probably look for a better film. There are alternatives. :)