Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

window perf. to lam or not?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by spectrum maine, Jun 18, 2020.

1. spectrum maine

spectrum maine Member

Nov 1, 2012
    biddeford, maine
    i have a job to do three back car windows. I have always printed the perf then put 1 coat matthews clear on it for protection. it seemed to work well. the holes remained open but it was also protected from the elements. Should i laminate with optically clear or do it the way i always have? it doesnt make sense to laminate as the holes would always be cloudy making it less transluscent. i told the customer that perf was a short term solution and not to expect more than 1-2 years life. Should i stick with my tried and true method or what?

Tags:
  2. Tawmie

Tawmie New Member

May 28, 2020
    Courtenay, BC
    Generally if you don't have an optically clear laminate on your perf, once rain gets in there it is a visibility and safety hazard. I have never had optically clear laminate go "Foggy" on me.

• Like Like x 1